Community benefit fund: gambling research grants

How to manage your grant

This page contains information on how to manage your gambling research grant funding.

You must submit request for variations to funding agreements in writing to the community benefit fund (CBF) secretariat.

You have the right to any intellectual property developed as a result of your project.

The Northern Territory (NT) Government has the right to use the intellectual property without cost in furthering its objectives and purposes.

Details of successful and unsuccessful grant applications may be published or used by the NT Government in any form and at any time.

These details may include:

  • name of applicant organisation
  • amount of funding
  • project details
  • any special approval conditions
  • reasons for approval or non-approval
  • photos.

You may be contacted for feedback on your application experience.

Your participation is voluntary and does not affect how applications are assessed or monitored.

Funding approval may be withdrawn at any time.

This may happen if there is a change in circumstances or your organisation or project is not financially viable.

Gambling research grants must be acquitted in the time frame detailed in your funding agreement.

You can acquit the grant earlier if the project has been completed or it will not proceed.

If you do not acquit your grant, you will not be able to apply for other community benefit grants.

If you used grant funding to buy all or part of an asset worth more than $10,000 when you bought it, you must get permission from the Northern Territory Government to dispose of it.

This only applies to assets purchased within five years from date of purchase, unless you have stated in your application how it is to be disposed of.

To get permission to dispose of an asset you need to send a request to community benefit fund (CBF) secretariat.

You should include in your request:

  • why you need to dispose of it
  • explain the benefit to your organisation and the community to dispose of this asset.

For further information call 1300 650 153. You can email your request to dispose of assets to

You are not required to return any unspent funds less than $100.

If you have more than $100 of unspent funds left, you must refund the CBF.

You can refund the money by either:

  • cheque payable to the Receiver of Territory Monies
  • or contact the CBF secretariat and request an invoice to be created that will allow for electronic payment.

Grant acquittals are incomplete until all money subject to the refund policy is received.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 31 August 2018

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!