Publish a notice in the Gazette
The General Gazette is published by the Office of the Parliamentary Counsel every Wednesday except during the Christmas and New Year period.
To publish a General Gazette notice, you must submit your request by 12 noon on Monday before publication.
Special Gazettes can be requested for urgent matters that must be published:
- before the next General Gazette, or
- when a notice is required at a specific time.
A minimum two day turnaround is required for large or complex Special Gazette notices.
If you're requesting a Special Gazette, you must include the reason for the urgency on the request form.
If same day publication is required, you must call 08 8928 6511 before submitting the request.
The cost per notice is:
- General Gazette - $150
- Special Gazette - $400.
Style and content rules
While Northern Territory Government publishing styles are applied to the notice. The layout and content are the responsibility of the person who submits the notice.
The following styles must be applied:
- all references to a legislation title must be in italics and include the year
- heading and name of Gazette notice is to be in bold
- heading, notice title, signature block and date to be left aligned
- justify main body of Gazette notice.
You can't use the following:
- automatic numbering, hidden formatting and fields
- headers and footers
- excessive use of extra paragraph marks and tabs for spacing purposes.
You must ensure the notice:
- is legally effective
- has no typographical errors
- does not contain a future dated signature block
- these will not be accepted they are not legally effective.
- is published before a date of effectiveness mentioned in the notice
- for example if an appointment starts on 1 July 2022, the notice must be published in the Gazette before that date.
Submit a notice
If you work for government, use the publication request form on the NTG Central website. You can find it under the Office of the Parliamentary Counsel.
For non-government requests, use the below form.
To submit a notice for the Government Gazette you must follow the below steps.
Step 1. Fill in the non-government notice request form .
Step 2. Attach the following:
- PDF version of the signed notice
- Microsoft Word version of the unsigned notice.
Step 3. Email the completed form and attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
An acknowledgement email will be sent to confirm the request. If you don't receive an email within 24 hours, call 08 8928 6511.
An invoice for the cost will be sent to you for payment.
Review a proof before publication
If you need a proof of the notice before publication you should note that in the request email.
If you request a proof then you must provide approval of the proof before it can be published.
Changes or approval of the proof must by provided in email by:
- 3:30pm on Tuesday before publication for General Gazettes, or
- as soon as possible for Special Gazettes.
Last updated: 06 September 2021
Share this page:URL copied!