NT Companion Card


If you have a disability and need a lifelong attendant care support to access the community, you may be eligible for a Northern Territory (NT) Companion Card.

The card allows your chosen companion or carer to go with you to participating entertainment, recreation venues and activities without paying for a ticket for your carer.

Your carer who is assisting you could be any of the following:

  • paid or unpaid assistant or carer
  • friend
  • family member
  • partner.

The Companion Card is given to you, so the person you take with you to an event does not have to be the same person each time. You will only be issued one card.

This guide provides information on who is eligible for a card, applying for a card, using your card, renewing or cancelling your card and find participating venues and events.

Example card

Example companion card

Example of the back of a companion card

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 02 June 2016

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.