Advocacy services provide information and support to people with disabilities and their carers.
The National Disability Advocacy Program can help with general access and support. It also helps people with disability with other issues that can arise, including help with the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
For disability advocacy you can also get support from the following websites:
- Integrated disAbility Action
- National Disability Services
- Carers Australia (NT)
- Autism NT
- People with Disability Australia.
Northern Territory Carers Charter
Carers play an important role in our community. They must be treated with respect and dignity.
The Northern Territory Carers Charter recognises their contribution to caring.
The charter takes into account the needs and roles of carers and the services they provide.
All staff must have an awareness and understanding of the charter.
The charter gives guidance to service providers on how to:
- act in accordance with charter when providing relevant services
- consult with carers and those who represent carers about program development, strategic/operational planning that is relevant to carers and the people in their care.
For more information, you can read the Northern Territory Carers Recognition Act 2006.
Get the printable A3 Northern Territory Carers Charter .
Find out more information about disability services.
Last updated: 21 June 2021
Share this page:URL copied!