Appeal a freehold land clearing decision

Under the Planning Act 1999, an applicant for a development permit can appeal the decision of the consent authority.

An appeal can be made in relation to:

  • a refusal to grant a permit
  • an extension to the period of a permit
  • specific condition of a development permit
  • a service authority's refusal to refund or remit a developer contribution.

A right of appeal also exists if the consent authority has not determined a development application within 12 weeks of its lodgement.

The appeal provisions are contained in the Northern Territory Civil and Administrative Tribunal (Conferral of Jurisdiction Amendments) (No.2) Act 2014.

Third-party appeals for clearing of native vegetation determinations only exist in certain circumstances and generally only apply to land within or adjacent to a residential zone.

Last updated: 29 February 2016

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!