Tjuwaliyn (Douglas) Hot Springs Park
The thermal hot springs at Tjuwaliyn (Douglas) Hot Springs is this park's biggest drawcard.
You can experience a natural thermal hot springs treatment or head up or downstream for cooler pools.
The park is on the traditional lands of the Wagiman people and contains sacred sites.
The Wagiman women care for and work with Parks and Wildlife to manage the park and continue to perform ceremonies on the land.
They ask that men do not go near the sacred site.
Do not enter areas of the park closed for cultural and conservation reasons.
Phone: (08) 8976 0282
|Park sites||Access||Comments||Forecast opening|
|Tjuwaliyn (Douglas) Hot Springs Park||Closed||Closed for the duration of the wet season due to wet weather conditions||Anticipated opening May 2019, dependent on weather conditions|
|Swimming||Closed||Closed for the duration of the wet season due to wet weather conditions||Anticipated opening May 2019, dependent on weather conditions|
|Campground||Closed||Closed for the duration of the wet season due to wet weather conditions||Anticipated opening May 2019, dependent on weather conditions|
- swimming – in designated areas only
- information signs
- fire pits
- public toilets
- picnic area
- men are not permitted near the sacred site
- glass is not permitted in or near the river
- put your rubbish in the bin or take it with you
- stay on designated tracks and roads
- all cultural items and wildlife are protected
- pets are not permitted
- nets, traps and firearms are not permitted
- be careful with fire and light fires only in fireplaces provided
- use wood provided sparingly
- do not use soaps or detergents in the river bed
- camp only in designated areas
- generators are provided
- check that your vehicle is not transporting pests like weeds and cane toads.
- be aware that some parts of the river are very hot
- observe park safety signs
- carry and drink plenty of water
- wear a hat, sunscreen and insect repellent
- wear suitable clothing and footwear
- carry a first aid kit
- avoid strenuous activity during the heat of the day
- make sure your vehicle is well-maintained and equipped
- beware of theft, lock vehicles and secure valuables.
Phone: 08 8976 0282
Last updated: 22 November 2018