Your association's purpose
The purpose of your association may be any of the following:
- religious, educational, benevolent or charitable
- to provide medical treatment or attention
- to promote or encourage literature, science, art or a cultural activity
- to provide recreation or amusement
- to beautify or improve a community centre.
Your association's name
Your association's name must meet all of the following requirements:
- be different from business and organisation names listed on the Australian Securities and Investments Commission website
- not use any unauthorised names based on the law
- use 'incorporated' or 'inc' as the last word of its name.
You must contact Licensing NT to approve use of any unauthorised name.
For new associations, include your proposed name in your registration form.
How to change your constitution or association name
You will need to fill in the form and pay a fee If you want to change the name of your association.
Submit the completed form and fee to a Territory Business Centre.
Public information about your association
Licensing NT maintains all the following information about associations:
- a public register of association names
- financial statements
- names and addresses of public officers.
Last updated: 21 March 2016