Getting overseas documents witnessed

If you need documents witnessed for use overseas, you should go to a notary public.

A notary public is a person, usually a solicitor, who is internationally recognised as having the authority to witness documents.

Most notaries public charge a fee for their service.

Find a notary public

You can find a list of notaries public on the Supreme Court website under related links.

Make your documents legal

In some cases, you will also need to have your documents legalised, also known as apostilled, by the Australian Government.

Go to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website for more information.

Last updated: 12 June 2015

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!