Interpreter services in courts

It is important that any person who has to go to court understands what they are being asked, what they are agreeing to and what they are signing.

If you need an interpreter you should tell the court before your court date.

If you are going to court as a witness, you should tell the prosecutor or witness assistance officer as soon as you receive your summons.

For more information go to interpreting and translating services.

If you live remotely

Interpreters can usually be provided for regional or remote courts using Auslan Services.

Go to the Auslan Services website for more information.

Last updated: 28 May 2015

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!