Coroner and inquests

When a funeral can be arranged

The family or senior next of kin should appoint a funeral director as soon as possible after a person has died.

You should contact the coroner's office to find out when the person’s body can be released.

Find out more information on arranging a burial or cremation.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 28 May 2015

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.