Smarter Business Solutions
If you are a Northern Territory (NT) business, Aboriginal enterprise or not-for-profit organisation you can get help to reduce day-to-day energy, water, waste and material costs through the Smarter Business Solutions program.
What you can get
The program offers different types of support including:
- advice on current efficient technologies and practices
- a walk-through site survey to identify potential savings opportunities
- grants to encourage and support cost savings or initiatives:
- up to 50% of the cost for efficiency improvements - maximum of $20,000
- up to 20% for the installation of off-grid renewable energy systems - maximum of $20,000
- up to 10% for the installation of on-grid renewable energy systems - maximum of $10,000.*
*On-grid means 'connected to' or 'availability of' an electricity network.
Funding is only available for projects that have not started and is subject to the program's available grant budget.
Maximum funding is only available for projects that show a simple financial payback of three to five years.
If you apply for a grant you should not make any changes to existing or new infrastructure associated with the project before your application is assessed.
Who can apply
You must be an NT business, Aboriginal enterprise or not-for-profit organisation that satisfy the following criteria:
- be physically located and actively trading in the NT for 12 months with an ABN and remitting GST
- have an annual turnover between $75,000 and $20 million
- not be on a domestic tariff if connected to an electricity grid
- have less than 200 employees
- have not received equivalent funding from a previous similar support program
- agree to participate in a follow-up evaluation survey including a savings assessment
- accept the terms of the Buy Local Plan as identified in the agreement section of the application.
If you are a franchise or multinational business you should speak to a small business champion before you apply.
How to apply
Find out more or apply for the Smarter Business Solutions program.
After you apply
Applications can take up to 30 days to be processed.
You will be notified of the outcome by email.
Applications with eligible projects will be offered grant funding.
For more information contact Smarter Business Solutions on 08 8999 5479.
Last updated: 27 February 2018
Share this page: