Your responsibilities for recruiting employees.
If you decide to hire staff, you must understand the responsibilities for employers in the NT. This includes employment laws, rights of workers and payroll tax requirements.
Before you recruit
Consider the potential impacts and costs on your business for:
- wages, allowances, overtime, penalty rates and leave
- workers' compensation insurance
- training and development
- workplace health and safety.
Also consider the type of employee that will best meet your business needs including:
- the tasks they need to do
- any skills and qualifications they need
- how long you need them
- full-time, part-time, casual, trainee or apprentice.
Get and keep the right people
Having the best staff possible will give you a competitive edge.
Find out how to:
3 August 2021, 7:21 am