Sustainable practice information
The Australian Department of Industry, Innovation and Science has produced 15 handbooks on sustainable practice in the mining industry.
Handbooks cover the following subjects:
- A Guide to Leading Practice Sustainable Development in Mining
- Airborne contaminants, noise and vibration
- Biodiversity management
- Community engagement and development
- Cyanide management
- Evaluating performance: monitoring and auditing
- Hazardous materials management
- Managing acid and metalliferous drainage
- Mine closure and completion
- Mine rehabilitation
- Risk management
- Tailings management
- Water management
- Working with indigenous communities.
Go to the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science website to get copies of the handbooks.