Tourism Survival Fund
The fund provides support for business experiencing mass cancellations from travel restrictions by interstate governments.
Under round 2, eligible businesses are able to access payments between between $15,000 and $90,000.
Who can apply
Businesses who received funding in round 1 of the Tourism Survival Fund and suffered a drop of 50% or more in turnover between April and October 2021 as compared to the same period in 2019 are eligible.
The business must meet the definition of an eligible business.
A business is also eligible if meets all of the following:
- it's a Territory Enterprise
- held a valid Australian business number (ABN) and was registered for goods and services tax as at 1 July 2019
- is a touring company, a professional conference organiser or an eligible attraction
- was actively trading with an annual turnover of more than $75,000 and less than $10 million during 2018-19
- has had to temporarily cease or significantly reduce trading (i.e. suffers a drop of 50% or more in turnover for between April and October 2021 as compared to the same period in 2019) as a direct result of the downturn in visitor numbers to the NT (whether because of government imposed restrictions or not)
- is listed on the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW) or has applied for a listing
- does not have an outstanding debt due and payable to Tourism NT or the NT Government.
A business that is supported by the Australian Government’s Zoos and Aquariums support package at the start of the fund. Such as Alice Springs Reptile Centre, Crocodylus Park and Crocosaurus Cove.
|Professional conference organiser|
A business whose revenue is earned solely from fees received for the organisation of business conferences and / or exhibitions held at venues in the NT. This includes businesses whose sole revenue is earned from the building of exhibition booths.
An eligible recipient that earns the majority of its revenue from providing tours to leisure travellers or the domestic education market via any means of conveyance including by air, over land or water, and including tag-along tours.
Who can't apply
Businesses that have already received (or expect to receive) support from:
- the Arts and Culture COVID-19 Interruption Support Package or
- the Visitation Reliant Support Program (round 1 or round 2).
How to apply
Applications are now closed.
You must read, understand and agree to the programs terms and conditions .
After you apply
You will be notified of the outcome when the assessment is complete.
|3 December 2021||Applications open|
|31 January 2021||Applications close|
COVID-19 vaccination requirements
- NT Government contractors and
- grant recipients.
Last updated: 11 February 2022
Share this page:URL copied!