NT Recycling Modernisation Fund
The Northern Territory (NT) Recycling Modernisation Fund supports infrastructure projects that recover or recycle waste material subject to export bans.
Grants of at least $50,000 are available on a 50-50 co-contribution basis.
Who can apply
You can apply if you meet all of the following:
- are a profit or not-for-profit organisation with or without a registered business name
- such as a sole trader, partnership, local governing body or Aboriginal organisation
- hold a valid Australian business number and have been operating under that number for at least one year
- agree to carry out an eligible project with any grant funding provided to it
- can financially commit and has authority to co-fund at least 50% of the total eligible project costs
- have a history of compliance with all legislative requirements and is fully compliant from the date of the application.
If you're made up of 2 or more organisations, one must be the lead applicant.
Who can't apply
You can't apply if you're any of the following:
- public or private educational facility
- government agency
- government owned or controlled body
- statutory corporation.
Funding will be given to projects that recover, recycle or reuse the following types of waste:
- paper and cardboard
Your project must also:
- operate in the NT
- increase the capacity for domestic sorting, processing, recycling or remanufacturing of materials
- deliver new or improved resource recovery, recycling and remanufacturing infrastructure
- demonstrate a long-term return (minimum 5 years) on investment to the NT
- be completed and operational by 30 June 2024.
How to apply
Applications are now closed.
Read the terms and conditions.
After you apply
Your project will be assessed and you will be advised of the outcome by email.
Projects are assessed against certain criteria and given a rating against each one.
Success depends on:
- the ratings you score and
- whether your project aligns with the program objectives.
The project is also subject to final approval by the NT and Australian governments.
During the process, you may be requested to provide more information.
For more information, email NTRMF.DITT@nt.gov.au.
Last updated: 29 June 2022
Share this page:URL copied!