COVID-19 Lockdown Payment Program
The COVID-19 Lockdown Payment Program supports businesses that have to close due to COVID-19 public health orders.
Lockdown for 3 to 7 days
The Territory Business Lockdown boosted payment will continue for business closures greater than two days.
Lockdown for 8 to 14 days (and each week after)
An extra small business payment is available if:
- the business is closed for more than 7 days due to the Chief Health Officer directions
- the business is in a lockdown zone and already applied
- the business was approved for the lockdown payment (round 4).
The Small Business Payments will take into account business turnover.
Who can apply
An eligible business must meet the following criteria:
- have a valid legal entity and meet the requirements of an eligible business
- trading with an annual turnover of at least $75,000 and less than $10 million
- have fewer than 20 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees
- stopped, suspended or reduced trading due to the lockdown and turnover reduced by 50% or more.
|Business turnover||Payment per week|
|$75,000 to $2 million||$1,000|
|$2 million to $5 million||$2,000|
|$5 million to $10 million||$4,000|
Who can't apply
Workers employed by a business or employer are not eligible to take part in the program.
How to apply
New applicants must read, understand and agree to the terms and conditions .
Apply online, and upload supporting documentation to the Smartygrants website.
After you apply
Applications are assessed in order of the date and time received.
If eligible, you will receive $1,000 within three to five business days of approval.
You must have a Northern Territory Government vendor ID.
Go to InvoiceNTG to find out how to register your business.
COVID-19 vaccination requirements
From 25 December 2021, vaccination requirements will apply to all:
- NT Government contractors and
- grant recipients.
To find out more, read the conditions of contract for COVID-19 mandatory requirements.
The terms and conditions include an extra declaration for all Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade grants.
Applicants must confirm they are meeting the directions of the policy. The department may ask for proof to check compliance.
For more information or to find other types of support for your business, call a small business champion 1800 193 111.
Last updated: 11 February 2022
Share this page:URL copied!