Cattle disease and animal management publications

You can get Northern Territory (NT) Government publications about diseases, treatment and general management of buffalo.

They are provided as general information only and you should get specific professional advice for your particular situation.

The NT Government are not responsible for any loss, expense, damage or injury that results from using this information.

The publications listed below and other information can be accessed through the Department of Primary Industry and Resources' online publications library.


Abattoir traceback - cattle granulomas (59.3 kb)
Acaricide (chemical) resistance in cattle ticks (570.0 kb)
Botulism poisoning in cattle in the NT (177.9 kb)
Cattle feeding restrictions to prevent mad cow disease (BSE) (286.2 kb)
Cattle ticks (258.5 kb)
Coccidiosis (866.4 kb)
Enzootic Bovine Leucosis(58.3 kb)
Ionophore poisoning (56.7 kb)
Ironwood poisoning(1.3 mb)
Johne's disease National Johne's disease program page_redirect
Lead poisoning (162.3 kb)
Obstructive urolithiasis (bladder stones) in cattle (286.8 kb)
Sarcostemma (pencil caustic) poisoning (344.4 kb)
Swainsona poisoning in cattle and horses (243.7 kb)
Tetanus (41.8 kb)
Three-day sickness or ephemeral fever (40.6 kb)
Tick fevers of cattle (1.1 mb)
Trichomoniasis (147.3 kb)
Urea poisoning (136.1 kb)
Vibriosis - campylobacteriosis (385.0 kb)
Zamia (cycad) poisoning (291.1 kb)

The effect of albendazole on the liveweight of Brahman cross weaners in the NT (142.6 kb)
Artificial breeding of beef cattle in the NT (2.5 mb)
Heat stress in cattle (42.3 kb)
Meeting market specifications for cattle part 1: dentition score (78.7 kb)
Herd health and performance on Westside Mount Riddock Station, NT (1.8 mb)
Declaring stock free of hormonal growth promotants (118.7 kb)
Use of hormonal growth promotants in the NT (31.2 kb)

Last updated: 01 February 2019


Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.