Water licence classes
The class of licence is chosen by the type of aquifer systems in which the driller may operate:
- class 1 includes single non-flowing aquifer systems
- class 1 restricted includes single non-flowing aquifer systems that are restricted to geotech and monitoring bores to a maximum depth of 30m
- class 2 includes multiple non-flowing aquifer systems
- class 3 includes flowing aquifer systems within the Great Artesian Basin
- class 3 restricted includes flowing aquifer systems that are not in the Great Artesian Basin.