Aboriginal jobseekers: work placements and training
Aboriginal jobseekers looking for work can apply for the Aboriginal Employment Program.
The program runs once a year in:
- Alice Springs.
- be an Aboriginal Australian living in the Northern Territory (NT)
- have basic computer skills
- have good written and verbal communication skills.
If you finish the program
You will get a Certificate II in Business if you successfully finish.
Program graduates may be offered:
- a short term contract at the administrative officer 2 level
- or an opportunity to continue their development through a government traineeship.
Apply on the Northern Territory Government jobs website.
You will need to attach all of the below to your application.
- A resume with two referees we can contact.
- Your most recent school results (if under 21).
- Any previous qualifications you have completed.
- Confirmation of Aboriginality from an appropriate community organisation (or be able to provide one before you start the program).
Last updated: 30 May 2019