Crocodile safety: Be Crocwise

Private land

Allowing people to swim in waterways on your private land is a big responsibility. 

You should consider the risk and take actions to limit them if you are going to allow swimming on your property.

You can report a problem crocodile 24 hours a day.  

You must have a permit to destroy or interfere with a crocodile in the Northern Territory.

Read about crocodile capture and management and the conservation of crocodiles.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 01 March 2016

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.