Crocodile capture and management

Problem crocodiles on your property

You can contact the Parks and Wildlife Commission for help removing a problem crocodile. 

Read more about how to report a problem crocodile

Permits for crocodile management

Saltwater and freshwater crocodiles are protected by law in the Northern Territory.

You must apply for a permit to interfere with or kill a crocodile. 

Permits to trap or shoot problem crocodiles, where there is no alternative, may be granted to ranger groups, shires or land managers.

To find out how to get a permit for crocodile management on your property read about the conservation of crocodiles.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 01 March 2016

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.