Apply for NT evidence of age card

This card is evidence of your age and is available to any Northern Territory resident aged 18 and over.

The evidence of age card expires five years after issue.

If you change your name or want a new photo you will need to apply for a new card.

When changing your name or photo, you must surrender your old card to the motor vehicle registry (MVR) or a police station, and you must provide evidence of name change documents.

Concession card holders are eligible for one free evidence of age card every five years.

If you lose your card, it's damaged or stolen, you can get a replacement card if you pay the evidence of age card fee.

Before you apply

You will need evidence of identity and residency

How to apply

You must follow these steps: 

Step 1. Fill in the application for evidence of age card.

A14 Application for evidence of age card (193.1 kb)

Step 2. Provide supporting documents. 

Step 3. Pay the evidence of age card fee.

Step 4. Submit your application to an MVR office by one of the methods below. 

New MVR customers

You can submit your application form in person at a MVR office.

You can pay your evidence of age card fee by cash, cheque, EFTPOS, BasicsCard, Visa or MasterCard.

Current MVR customers

If you are a current MVR customer and your photo was taken within the past five years, you can email or mail your application form.


Send the completed application for evidence of age card form to You can pay the fee using Visa or MasterCard.


You can send your application form to:

Motor Vehicle Registry
GPO Box 530
Darwin NT 0801

You can pay with a cheque or money order, or you can phone the MVR to pay by Visa or MasterCard once the form and supporting documents are received.

Last updated: 27 June 2017