Apply for NT evidence of age card

This card is evidence of your age and is available to any Northern Territory resident aged 18 and over.

The evidence of age card expires five years after issue.

If you change your name or want a new photo you will need to apply for a new card.

When changing your name or photo, you must surrender your old card to the motor vehicle registry (MVR) or a police station, and you must provide evidence of name change documents.

If you are a concession card holder, you are eligible for a free evidence of age card every five years.

If your card gets lost, damaged or stolen, you can get a replacement card if you pay the fee.

Before you apply

You will need to provide evidence of your identity and residency. Read more about how you provide evidence.

How to apply

You must follow these steps:

New MVR customers

Step 1. Fill in the application for evidence of age card.

Step 2. Collect supporting documents for evidence of your identity and residency.

Step 3. Submit your application with supporting documents in person at an MVR office.

Step 4. Pay the evidence of age card fee by cash, cheque, EFTPOS, BasicsCard, Visa or MasterCard.

Current MVR customers

If you are a current MVR customer and your photo was taken within the past 10 years, you can email  or mail a request for an evidence of age card.

You can send your request for an evidence of age card to:


Mail:    Motor Vehicle Registry
GPO Box 530
Darwin NT 0801

You can pay the evidence of age card fee with a cheque or money order or call the MVR and pay by Visa or MasterCard once the form and supporting documents have been received.

Last updated: 01 March 2018