Young people, alcohol and drugs

Getting help

Ask for help. You don’t need to handle this alone. You could contact any of the following:

  • teachers, if your teen is still at school
  • the school counsellor
  • your doctor, a health professional or the services on this page.

If you think someone has passed out from drug or alcohol use, put them on their side and immediately call for an ambulance. 

Don’t hesitate. Paramedics do not need to involve the police. You can call for police or ambulance services on:

  • triple zero (000) for emergencies
  • 131 444 for non-urgent police attendance.

More information

Find out more, including where you can get support, on the following pages:

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 03 February 2020

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.