Support for communities
Family and community support services
Find family and community support services in the Northern Territory (NT) below.
This is a national sexual assault, domestic and family violence counselling service. They provide a service directory for men and women as well as a 24-hour counselling helpline.
You can also go to the 1800RESPECT website.
Alcoholics Anonymous provides assistance and support to recover from alcoholism.
Community support workers
There are community support workers who provide information and referral services for the:
- Greek community
- Italian, Portuguese and Timorese communities.
Family Planning NT
Family Planning NT promotes sexual health and rights for everyone.
Health Direct provides 24-hour access to health information and advice.
No matter where you live, or what time of the day or night it is, you can:
- talk to a health professional
- find trusted advice online about the appropriate care for your health issue
- find the closest local services that are open when you need them.
NT Council of Social Services
The NT Council of Social Services (NTCOSS) community service provides directories on its website for health, welfare and community services in the NT.
For more information, go to the NTCOSS website.
For other helplines, you can call:
- Women's Crisis Line on 1800 811 811
- Men's Referral Service on 1300 766 491
- Lifeline (24-hour crisis line) on 131 114
- Relationships Australia on 1300 364 277.
Search for health, welfare or community service in the NT using the Service Seeker directory.
To find out more, go to the Service Seeker website.
Ruby Gaea provides free, confidential counselling and support to women and children who have experienced sexual assault at any time in their lives.
Last updated: 23 May 2022
Share this page:URL copied!