NT Companion Card

Renew, replace, transfer or cancel your Companion Card

This page has information about replacing, renewing and cancelling your Northern Territory (NT) Companion Card, as well as transferring your card interstate or changing your details.

Replace your card

If your card is lost, stolen or damaged, you can request a replacement.

You can also update your photograph or replace your card if you have changed your name.

To ask for a replacement, contact the Northern Territory Companion Card scheme by calling 08 8999 2809 or email companioncard@nt.gov.au.

Change your contact details

You can update your address details or phone number by calling 08 8999 2809 or email companioncard@nt.gov.au.

Renew your card

Your card is valid for five years. The card expiry date is printed on the front of the card.

You will receive a letter before the expiry date telling you how to renew your card.

You will need to confirm your ongoing need for the Companion Card and provide new photographs.

Transfer your card to another state or territory

You can transfer your Companion Card to another state or territory.

Step 1. Fill in the transfer form. You should contact your disability coordinator for help. You only need to fill in section 1.

Step 2. Get two colour, passport-sized photographs of yourself. These must be signed on the back by the same person who completes section three of the Companion Card application.

Step 3. Post your application form and photographs to:

NT Companion Card Program
Department of Health
PO Box 40596
Casuarina NT 0811

Section 2 will be filled in by the Companion Card program in the state or territory where you current card was issued.

Cancel a card

If your circumstances change and you are no longer eligible, you can cancel your card by calling 08 8999 2809 or email companioncard@nt.gov.au.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 29 October 2019

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!