NT Companion Card
A Companion Card is not automatically issued to you if you have a disability. You will be assessed for your eligibility.
To be eligible, all of the following must apply:
- you must be an Australian citizen or resident
- you must live in the Northern Territory (NT)
- you must have a permanent disability
- you must be unable to go to most community venues or activities without attendant care support
- you must need, or are likely to need, lifelong attendant care support.
Support from your companion
You may be eligible for the card if you need significant help with any of the following, but not limited to:
If your condition is episodic
You may be eligible if your condition is episodic, for example multiple sclerosis, epilepsy or schizophrenia.
You will need to provide information in your application or supporting evidence about the frequency and why you need attendant care support to access the community.
Last updated: 02 June 2016
Share this page:URL copied!