Disability equipment

Moving interstate with your equipment

If you are moving to a new state or territory to live, you may be able to take your equipment with you.

There are some things you must do before you leave the Northern Territory (NT).

Before you leave

You must do all of the following:

  • contact your current equipment provider to confirm what you can take with you
  • contact your new interstate equipment provider for information about repairs to your equipment
  • make arrangements with your new equipment provider to transfer any outstanding requests for new equipment.

The Disability Equipment Program will contact the relevant interstate equipment scheme to transfer ownership to that scheme.

If you receive regular supplies such as continence or respiratory products, contact your new equipment provider to find out what can be provided in your new state.

If you are on the waiting list for new equipment

If you are on waiting list for new equipment ask your NT equipment provider to send a copy of your request to your new equipment provider.

List of interstate disability equipment providers

For more information contact the equipment provider in your new state or territory.

Australian Capital Territory

ACT Equipment Scheme
Phone: (02) 6205 2599
Email: ACTES@act.gov.au

New South Wales

Phone: 1800 362 253

South Australia

Department for Communities and Social Inclusion
Phone: 1300 295 786
Government of South Australia DCSI Equipment Program


Disability and Community Care
Phone: 1800 177 120

Medical Aids Subsidy Scheme (MASS)
Phone: (07) 3136 3636


South: (03) 6222 7226.
North: (03) 6336 5036
North West: (03) 6426 2429
Tasmanian Government Department of Health and Human Services website


State-wide Equipment Program (SWEP)
Phone: 1300 74 7937

Western Australia

Community Aids and Equipment Program (CAEP)
Phone: (08) 9426 9285
Community Aids and Equipment Program on the Government of Western Australia website.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 13 April 2018


Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.