Apply for disability equipment program
This page has information on the types of equipment and eligibility requirements you will need to meet under the disability equipment program in the Northern Territory (NT).
Types of disability equipment you can apply for
Equipment you can apply for in the program may include any of the following:
- communication aids and devices
- continence equipment
- aids for daily living
- bed equipment
- supportive seating
- home modifications
- personal response systems
- pressure care
- specialised items
- wheeled mobility aids
- ambulant mobility aids
- vehicle transfer aids.
Before you apply
Children up to 16 years old with a long-term disability are eligible for disability equipment regardless of their parent or carer income.
To be eligible for the equipment program you must be able to show all of the following:
- have a permanent or long-term disability
- are a permanent resident of the NT
- are living in or returning to the community
- need approved equipment on a permanent or long term basis
- are beneficiaries of a full Centrelink Disability Support or Aged Pension.
You are not eligible for the program if you::
- are a resident of an aged care facility
- or are eligible to receive equipment under another program or compensation claim.
How to apply
For information about how to apply for disability equipment freecall 1800 139 656 or ask your local health care provider.