How and when to pay your rent

Your rent is due every Monday. 

You start paying rent from the date your tenancy agreement began.

Your first payment includes one week's rent plus an additional one week's rent in advance.

You must pay a minimum of one week's rent in advance. 

Centrelink clients 

Your rent will be automatically paid by Centrelink through the Rent and other Deductions Scheme.

This is a free service that transfers your rent from your Centrelink payment each fortnight.

If you earn a wage or salary

If you are not a Centrelink client, you must arrange to pay your rent by direct debit from your bank or credit union account. 

This means you can pay rent weekly, fortnightly or monthly, as long as your account is kept in credit by at least one week's rent.

If you are having problems paying your rent

If you are having trouble making your rental payments, you must contact your local housing office as soon as possible to discuss other payment options and debt management.

How to pay excess water and other bills 

You can pay by any of the following methods. 

You need to quote your rent account number as your reference number when making payments over the phone, online or at an Australia Post Office.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 22 June 2018