How to buy your public housing home
Who can buy their public housing home
You must be a current public housing tenant.
You must also have all of the following:
- two years of consistent rent payments
- two years of good tenancy history with no legal action pending about tenancy matters
- no outstanding rental arrears or other debt to the Department of Local Government, Housing and Community Development.
What you can buy
A set of guidelines is used to help decide what properties may be offered for sale.
The property may be:
- separately titled
- identified for sale by the department
- is not needed for future redevelopment.
Last updated: 01 July 2019
Share this page: