Crown land sales

Who manages Crown land

The Crown Land Estate is responsible for managing Crown land in the Northern Territory (NT). 

This includes all of the following:  

  • occupation licences 
  • building leases  
  • miscellaneous licences
  • temporary use of Crown land for a range of events
  • maintenance of Crown land, including:
    • litter control
    • weed control
    • fire breaks
    • management of illegal uses
  • permits to discharge a firearm on Crown land. 

How to report illegal dumping 

You can contact a Crown Land Estate office if you see any illegal dumping taking place. 

You should record the following: 

  • the registration plate of any vehicle involved
  • the date
  • time 
  • location.  

These reports can be made anonymously.

Permit to discharge a firearm on Crown land 

Specific Crown land has been set aside to allow for the discharge of a firearm.

This helps you apply for a firearms licence from the NT Police.

For information on who can apply for a firearms licence read firearms licences and weapons.

For details on rules and regulations around hunting and shooting in the NT read hunting and shooting.

To apply for a permit to discharge a firearm on Crown Land contact your the Crown Land Estate office.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 06 February 2019


Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.