Finalise urgent settlements during COVID-19
If you can delay your property settlement during the COVID-19 lockdown, you should.
If you need to finalise your settlement by 30 June 2021, you can apply by email to the Land Titles Office (LTO) in Alice Springs.
The LTO can assist with urgent lodgements and registrations.
What to include
Your lodgement must:
- include the reasons for the urgency
- be packaged together – this means scanning all relevant paperwork for each settlement
- meet all the legal requirements such as:
- stamp duty
- swimming pool statutory declarations or compliance certificates
- include payment – you will need to provide your credit card details
- if you are an account client, you can provide your customer code
- include statutory declarations by all lodgement parties stating they agree to:
- lodge by this method and
- provide the original documents to the Darwin LTO once the COVID-19 lockdown is over.
Settlement (transferring funds) must be done by the lodging parties themselves.
How to submit
Submit your lodgement by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any urgent enquiries, contact the Acting Registrar-General on 08 8999 5318.
Last updated: 30 June 2021
Share this page:URL copied!