Principal place of residence rebate

A stamp duty rebate is available when you purchase a new home, or land on which to build a home in the Northern Territory (NT).

Your principal place of residence is the home you live in. 

This scheme is available even when you have previously owned a home in Australia.

This is called the Principal Place of Residence Rebate. 

The rebate is not available if you are entitled to the first home owner grant or stamp duty concession for seniors, pensioners and carers.

How to apply

Go to the Department of Treasury and Finance website for more information on how to apply.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 28 November 2017