This section is for owners and builders who want to resolve a dispute or complain about a builder, contractor or sub-contractor in the Northern Territory.
Types of building complaints
Complaints and disputes may be broadly classified as the following:
- issues with professional conduct or registration
- offences against building laws
- allegations of unsafe or unlawful building work
- disputes about defective or incomplete work covered by consumer guarantees
- civil or contractual disputes.
Building disputes often involve more than one of these issues.
Depending on the nature of your dispute, you may need to contact more than one service to resolve the problem.
For information about resolving payment disputes, read about construction disputes. Find out about the laws that apply to all builders, suppliers, owners and sub-contractors, and the provisions that apply to all construction contracts - written and verbal.