Expression of Interest for Membership - Minister's Advisory Council - Senior Territorians
Expressions of interest are being sought from the seniors community for seven members to join the Minister’s Advisory Council for Senior Territorians (MACST).
MACST has been established to provide a voice for the Territory seniors community on issues of importance. It will provide high level and strategic advice to the Minister for Senior Territorians.
The Council will provide effective links between government and the seniors community to improve policy outcomes.
The key roles for members are:
- To provide advice to the Minister for Senior Territorians on matters of importance to senior Territorians.
- Explore the needs of the Territory seniors community and how these may be more effectively met by service providers.
- Discuss ideas that can promote greater awareness of the positive aspects of ageing to the wider community and increase the active participation of older people in all aspects of life in the Northern Territory.
- Participate on working groups which may be formed to address specific issues such as economic security or community safety.
- Some members may also co-chair the working groups
- Meet 3 times per year.
MACST will enable the participation of key stakeholders to explore and discuss issues relevant to the social, economic and civic life of Territory seniors. Participation is voluntary and MACST is chaired by the Minister for Senior Territorians. It is expected that community representatives on MACST may co-chair or participate in working groups that will be tasked to coordinate outcomes to address issues in the seniors community.
Candidates with a high level of interest in issues that affect the lifestyle of Territory seniors and viable services to seniors and who are Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander are strongly encouraged to apply. Selection through the expression of interest process will be based on rural, remote, urban representation, individual skills, knowledge, experience and broader community representation.
Expression of interest submissions can be made online, using the online form.
Expressions of interest close Friday 27 September 2019.
For more information, please contact Office of Senior Territorians.
Telephone: 08 8999 3861