October Business Month
The countdown to October Business Month (OBM) has begun, with more than 190 events, workshops and training options on offer to support Territory small businesses.
The long-held event provides small businesses the opportunity to grow and aims to create more local jobs in the NT. With a focus on growth opportunities, innovation, social media, marketing and leadership, OBM is across it all.
Innovation Week is back bigger and better this year with topics including renewable energy, digital disruption, intellectual property and idea pitching.
The International Series, which runs throughout the OBM program focuses on improving the Territory’s connection to and understanding of Asian markets, exploring ways to improve business environments, cultural awareness and doing business internationally.
This year’s keynote speakers include:
- Lisa Wilkinson – Australia media icon and host of Channel 10, The Project;
- Jane Lu – entrepreneur, social media influencer and owner of fashion empire Showpo;
- Gus BalBontin – Executive Director and Chief Technology Officer of Lonely Planet;
- Daniel Motlop – Former AFL player and General Manager of game meats and native food, Something Wild;
- Rob Cook – Best selling author and Australian Farmer of the Year Award winner;
- Tim Harcourt – Professional economist in international trade and labour economic issues in the Asia Pacific region and emerging economies.
Local success stories will also be shared by Territorians at the keynote events.
OBM culminates with the Social Media Sprint featuring speakers from Facebook, LinkedIn and local agencies. More than 30 events are dedicated to social media this year, to help local businesses navigate and succeed in a digital world.
Find out more by visiting the OBM Hub at the Voyage Arcade Smith Street Mall, Darwin - open from 10am to 2pm Monday to Friday till 31 October. For a full list of OBM events go to the OBM website: www.obm.nt.gov.au