Apply for the Live Darwin Arts Program
The revitalisation of Darwin CBD has taken a significant step forward with an Expression of Interest (EOI) process opening this weekend for arts proposals to enliven our capital city centre.
The Northern Territory Government has separately already committed $100 million towards the rejuvenation of the Darwin CBD, earmarking major projects that will transform the NT capital into a tropical tourist and cultural destination and creating thousands of local jobs.
Round 1 of the EOI will see grants of up to $50,000 available for arts and creative activities through the inaugural LIVE Darwin: ARTS program. This will enable projects to happen immediately on the ground in Darwin before the bigger, longer-term CBD revitalisation projects kick in. There will be a second round later in the year.
An arts program will also be provided for Alice Springs CBD with details to be released in coming weeks.
The Northern Territory Government has already prioritised the revamp of State Square, moving Charles Darwin University students into the City, and building tourist and cultural attractions in the CBD as part of its $100 million plan.
Funding from the LIVE Darwin: ARTS is offered for one-off projects or regular programming that:
- raises the profile of Darwin’s CBD through arts and creative activities;
- enhances the Darwin CBD for visitors and locals;
- showcases and celebrates Darwin’s CBD, the diversity of our community and our artistic talent;
- builds partnerships between retailers, community groups, the arts and cultural sector, events and festivals and the community to enliven the CBD: and
- focuses on the Mall and surrounding areas in the CBD
The first round of LIVE Darwin: ARTS opens for EOI on Saturday 3 June 2017 and closes at 5pm, Friday 30 June 2017. Round two will follow soon after.
To find out