Voices sought to represent senior Territorians
Expressions of interest are being sought from the community for six membership positions on the Minister’s Advisory Council for Senior Territorians.
The Council provides a voice for Northern Territory seniors on issues of interest through high level and strategic advice to the government.
The council provides effective links between government and NT seniors to improve policy outcomes. The Minister for Territory Families chairs the council.
The council is responsible for:
- advising the Minister on matters of interest including emerging issues facing NT seniors
- exploring and discussing how service providers can meet community needs
- discussing ideas that promote awareness of the positive aspects of ageing to the community
- promoting active participation of senior Territorians in all aspects of life in the NT
- directing tasks to working groups as determined to address specific issues
- meeting three times a year.
Members are selected based on skills, knowledge, experienced and broader community participation or representation.
For more information, please contact Office of Senior Territorians
Telephone: (08) 8999 3894