This cyclone procedure plan applies to all port users in the following Darwin port areas during a cyclone.
- Frances Bay Mooring Basin
- Fisherman's and Raptis wharves
- Hornibrooks Wharf, pontoon and careening poles
- Sadgroves Creek Moorings.
Its purpose is to:
- minimise risk to life and property
- minimise risk and damage to the infrastructure of Frances Bay Mooring Basin, Fisherman’s Wharf and Raptis Wharf, Hornibrooks Wharf (including pontoon and careening poles) and Sadgroves Creek Moorings and ensure the facilities are as safe as possible
- contribute effectively to the emergency response to a cyclone event.
How it will be actioned
The plan will be implemented by the General Manager Operations of Darwin Port and the Harbour Control Officer. Their directions to vessel masters, crew and port operators will take precedence over any other cyclone plan.
All users of Frances Bay Mooring Basin, Fisherman’s Wharf and Raptis Wharf, Hornibrooks Wharf - including pontoon and careening poles - and Sadgroves Creek moorings should refer to the plan to prepare for a cyclone.
Users of Darwin Port areas outside the above list should go to the Darwin Port website to read their cyclone plan.
The red lines on the map below outline the Darwin port limits.