Sport voucher scheme: urban
Get sport vouchers for your child
The Sport Voucher Scheme is available to every school-enrolled child from preschool to year 12 and home-schooled children.
Children living in an urban area are eligible to receive two $100 sport vouchers each year. One in January and one in July, for sport, recreation and cultural activities.
Parents or carers need to apply for vouchers online each semester.
All vouchers expire on 31 May each year.
You can apply for a sport voucher on the Grants Tracker website.
You are able to print or save the voucher if your details are in the system.
If your details are not found, you will receive a voucher through email within 7 days of applying.
You can apply any time during the semester.
When you have received your voucher you should follow all of these steps:
Step 1. Take the voucher to a registered activity provider.
Step 2. Get your voucher approved by the registered activity provider.
Step 3. Register your child with the activity provider.
Step 4. Use the voucher for your child's activity costs.
You can use vouchers at any of the registered sport, recreation and cultural activity providers.
You can use sport vouchers in urban areas including all of the following:
- Alice Springs
- Darwin rural
- Tennant Creek.
You can use a sport voucher to pay for any of the following:
- after-school, weekend sport and school holiday recreation and cultural activities, including any or all of the following:
- special events
- registration and insurance
- membership fees
- a uniform for an activity your child is registered for that is purchased through the same activity provider including any or all of the following:
- team uniforms
- costumes for performances
- activity clothing
- equipment related to the program or activity your child is registered for when purchased through the same activity provider including all of the following:
- sports and recreation equipment
- instructional books
- music scores and scripts.
You can't use a sport voucher for any of the following:
- activities or programs that are part of the school curriculum or during school hours
- after-school care services and tutors
- school-run activities
- travel to and from competitions
- to buy equipment or uniforms from a retailer
- multiple activity providers
- payments to activity providers who are not registered.
You can't get cash refunds for all or part of the value of the sport voucher. You can't transfer your voucher to another child.
Last updated: 01 July 2019