Sport and active recreation grants: grass roots
Grants of up to $5,000 are available for clubs and organisations in the Northern Territory (NT) to help people participate in sport and active recreation.
What you can apply for
Examples of activities that may be funded under this grant are:
- activities that increase participation in sport and active recreation for junior age groups
- volunteer development through training opportunities for volunteers, coaches, instructors and officials in areas like:
- first aid
- leadership programs
- equipment purchases for protection and safety
- strategy and planning for club and organisation growth
- promotion of programs and activities that enables an increase in sport participation and benefit awareness.
Who can apply
You must be all of the following to apply for funding:
- a sport or active recreation organisation as defined in the program guidelines below
- based in the NT
- currently registered as an incorporated body with Licensing NT or hold another comparable legal status
- a not-for-profit organisation
- an affiliate of an organisation recognised as the national body or NT peak sporting body (where applicable)
- compliant with Licensing NT or other relevant authority.
When to apply
There are 2 funding rounds for the 2022 to 2023 financial year:
- round 1 opens on Monday 29 August 2022 and closes on Friday 14 October 2022.
- round 2 opens on Thursday 1 December 2022 and closes on Thursday 16 March 2023.
How to apply
Step 1. Read the guidelines below.
Step 2. Apply online on the GrantsNT website.
Last updated: 06 September 2022
Share this page:URL copied!