Sport and active recreation grants: grass roots
Grants of up to $5,000 are available for clubs and organisations in the Northern Territory (NT) to help people participate in sport and active recreation.
What you can apply for
Examples of activities that may be funded under this grant are:
- activities that increase participation in sport and active recreation for junior age groups
- volunteer development through training opportunities for volunteers, coaches, instructors and officials in areas like:
- first aid
- leadership programs
- equipment purchases for protection and safety
- strategy and planning for club and organisation growth
- promotion of programs and activities that enables an increase in sport participation and benefit awareness.
Who can apply
You must be all of the following to apply for funding:
- a sport or active recreation organisation as defined in the program guidelines below
- based in the NT
- currently registered as an incorporated body with Licensing NT or hold another comparable legal status
- a not-for-profit organisation
- an affiliate of an organisation recognised as the national body or NT peak sporting body (where applicable)
- compliant with Licensing NT or other relevant authority.
When to apply
There are two funding rounds for the 2020 to 2021 financial year.
Round one opens on Monday 13 July 2020 and closes on Monday 21 September 2020.
Round two opens on Sunday 1 November 2020 and closes on Sunday 28 February 2021.
Guidelines and how to apply information will be available when the rounds open.
Last updated: 03 July 2020
Share this page: