Permits for commercial photos, filming in parks

Insurance for commercial photos in parks

To get a permit for commercial photography or filming in parks, or to film using aircraft including drones, you may have to first get 'all risks' public liability insurance for $10 million or more. 

The insurance certificate must be in your or your company's name and cover the dates of your activity.

You may need this insurance if any of the following applies:

  • your work poses an unusual risk to people or the park
  • you have a crew of three or more people
  • you use sets or props
  • you use unusual vehicles 
  • you have paid models or talent
  • you want to use aircraft in parks.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 10 February 2016

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.