Tjoritja / West MacDonnell National Park

Ormiston Gorge Ranger Station phone: 08 8956 7799

Simpsons Gap Ranger Station phone: 08 8955 0310

Park sitesAccessComments Forecast opening
Tjoritja / West MacDonnell National Park Open

There has been substantial bushfire damage in the area. Follow all local warning signs, or direction from a ranger. Do not camp near fire damaged trees.

Birthday Waterhole Open -
Ellery Creek Big Hole Open  -
Dolomite Walk Open -
Glen Helen Gorge ClosedGlen Helen Gorge is closed.-
Glen Helen Gorge WalkClosedGlen Helen Gorge Walk is closed.-
Finke River Two MileOpen -
Hugh Gorge Open  -
Ochre Pits Open  -
Aranda Walk Open -
Ormiston Gorge Open  -
Ormiston Gorge campground Open  -
Ormiston Gorge Kiosk ClosedThe kiosk is currently closed.-
Ormiston Pound Walk: Ormiston Gorge Open -
Ghost Gum Lookout Open -
Ghost Gum Loop Walk Open -
Redbank Gorge Open -
Redbank Gorge WalkOpen -
Simpsons Gap Open  -
Simpsons Gap Bicycle Path Open  -
Serpentine Gorge Open  -
Serpentine Chalet C Open  -
Larapinta Trail
Larapinta Trail Open

Some parts of the Larapinta Trail were impacted by fires in 2019. Take care to stay on the track and follow temporary track markers.

Section 1 - Telegraph Station to Simpsons Gap Open  -
Section 2 - Simpsons Gap to Jay Creek Open  -
Section 3 - Jay Creek to Standley Chasm Open  -
Section 4 - Standley Chasm to Birthday Waterhole Open  -
Section 5 - Birthday Waterhole to Hugh Gorge Open  -
Section 6 - Hugh Gorge to Ellery Creek Open  -
Section 7 - Ellery Creek to Serpentine Gorge Open  -
Section 8 - Serpentine Gorge to Serpentine Chalet Open  -
Section 9 - Serpentine Chalet to Ormiston Gorge Open  -
Section 10 - Ormiston Gorge to Finke River Open  -
Section 11 - Finke River to Redbank Gorge Open  -
Section 12 - Redbank Gorge to Mt Sonder return Open -

Last updated: 21 September 2020

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.