Larapinta Trail links and contacts
Closure due to coronavirus (COVID-19)
The Larapinta Trail is closed as a health and safety precaution due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
This page has key contact information and useful resources for the Larapinta Trail.
If you are a tour operator interested in running tours of any kind along the trail, you must contact Parks and Wildlife.
You can contact any of the companies in the table below to organise food drops or transport along the trail.
|Emu Run||1800 687 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Larapinta Trail Trek Support||NA||NA|
|Outback Elite Tours||0429 263 email@example.com|
|Outback Tour Services||08 8950 firstname.lastname@example.org|
You can contact any of the companies in the table below to organise guided walks along the Larapinta Trail.
You can contact any of the companies in the table below to book a locator beacon, satellite phone or other emergency equipment.
|Central Communications||Satellite phones||08 8952 email@example.com|
|EPIRB Hire||EPIRB, PLB and satellite phones||02 4997 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|XLCOM||Satellite phones and PLBs||08 8955 email@example.com|
|Adventure Rentals||PLBs||0431 176 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Larapinta Trail Trek Support||PLBs and Satellite phones||NA||NA|
You can go to the following websites to find out more about the Larapinta Trail.
You can also visit the Friends of the Larapinta Trail Facebook page.
- A Field Guide to Central Australia - A Natural History Companion for the Traveller. Penny van Oosterzee (1995) Reed Books
- A Guide to the Geology and Landforms of Central Australia. R. Thompson (1991) Government Printer of the Northern Territory
- Bushfires and Bushtucker. Aboriginal Plant Use in Central Australia. Peter Latz (1995) IAD Press
- Keeping Company - an inter-cultural conversation. Christine Franks and Barbara Curr (1996) University of Wollongong
- Larapinta Trail. John Chapman and Monica Chapman (2007) www.john.chapman.name\pub-lara.html
- Lost from Our Landscape. Threatened Species of the Northern Territory. Edited by J. Woinarski, C. Pavey, R. Kerrigan, I. Cowie and S. Ward (2007) NT Government
- Take a Walk in Northern Territory's National Parks. John and Lyn Daly (2007) www.takeawalk.com.au
- The Centre - The Natural History of Australia's Desert Regions Penny van Oosterzee (1991) Reed Books
- The Flaming Desert. Arid Australia - A Fire Shaped Landscape. Peter Latz (2007) NT Print Management
- Wildflowers and Plants of Inland Australia. Anne Urban (1996) Paul Fitzsimons Publishers
- Wildlife Identikit. Peter King and Gerry O'Neil (1995) Conservation Commission of the NT.
Last updated: 06 April 2020
Share this page: