Rules for dogs and park use
You can walk your dog in the gardens without a leash but you must ensure all of the following:
- your dog must be under your control
- your dog must not interfere with or trouble other visitors
- your dog must not enter the children's playground
- your dog must not enter ponds or waterways
- you must clean up after your dog.
All plants and animals are protected in the gardens. You are not allowed to pick flowers or fish.
You must place all rubbish in bins or take it away with you.
You should keep to lawns, paths and tracks and be aware of theft. Lock your vehicle and secure valuables.
You can use electric barbecues in the park, no fires are allowed.
Asbestos at the gardens
Asbestos has been discovered at the George Brown Darwin Botanic Gardens.
Left alone, this particular type of asbestos poses no risk to human health.
There is a management plan for dealing with asbestos.
If you see an item you suspect to be asbestos, don't touch it, report it to gardens staff.