Arts and Culture COVID-19 Interruption Support Program
If you are a Northern Territory (NT) artist or arts worker, you may be eligible for funding through the COVID-19 Interruption Support Program.
The program supports workers who have lost money from cancelled arts and cultural activities due to the COVID-19 lockdown. This includes Darwin Festival performances, theatre productions and live music gigs.
Who can apply
You can apply if you are:
- are an individual, group or organisation
- meet the eligibility requirements and
- are not eligible for the Territory Business Lockdown Payment Program - find out more on the Business Recovery website.
NT Government agencies and associated entities, local government bodies and education institutions are not eligible to apply.
You must be:
- an Australian citizen or have permanent residence status
- over 18 years and
- a current NT resident.
If you are not incorporated, you must identify an individual in the group to be legally and financially responsible for the grant.
The responsible individual must meet the above criteria for individuals.
You must be a legal entity and have your main place of business registered in the NT.
If you have an annual turnover of at least $75,000, you can't apply. You may be eligible for the Territory Business Lockdown Payment Program. Go to the Business Recovery website.
What you can apply for
For NT artists, arts workers and arts organisations booked for Darwin Festival, you can get up to:
- $2,000 per application if you are an individual
- $6,000 per application if you are an organisation.
For NT artists, arts workers and arts organisations not part of Darwin Festival, you can get up to:
- $1,000 per application if you are an individual
- $4,000 per application if you are an organisation.
What funding can be used for
Funding is for fees or income lost from cancelled work including:
- venue hire
- equipment and material costs
- other fees.
How to apply
Apply online at GrantsNT. Applications close at 2pm on Monday 13 September 2021.
If you need help with your application, contact ArtsNT before submitting. Incomplete applications won't be accepted.
For help or more information, contact Arts NT.
Last updated: 17 August 2021
Share this page:URL copied!