Regional museums support grant
You may be eligible to apply for a grant of up to $50,000 if your Northern Territory (NT) organisation is a:
- regional museum
- keeping place
- community art gallery.
This funding is for projects that assist in the preservation, collection and display of the unique cultural heritage of the NT.
To apply for the grant, your organisation must be a museum, keeping place or community art gallery that is:
- not for profit and incorporated in the NT
- open to the public or developing travelling exhibitions to regional parts of the NT
- committed to the preservation of cultural heritage by conserving, researching and interpreting collections for visitors
- submitting an NT based project related to the cultural heritage of the organisation’s activities.
Eligible organisations may apply for funding of more than one project if:
- the combined annual value is no more than $50,000 (excluding GST)
- all projects can be completed within one year.
You can use up to 50% of funding to support operational costs associated with delivering the project. Funding can be used for:
- equipment, software and technology needed for the creative process and artistic outcome of the project
- digital production upskilling and professional development which relates to:
- collection care and management
- development of best practice collection care policies and plans including:
- conservation plans
- interpretation plans
- collection management
- disaster preparedness plans
- significance assessments and preservation needs assessments
- employment of consultants or contractors with specialist skills and knowledge eg. conservators or Traditional Owners
- accessioning and cataloguing of collections
- development and design of museum exhibition displays and installations
- storage and conservation materials
- training and professional development for staff, professionals and volunteers
- strategic planning and capacity building to increase:
- revenue from business activities
Applications for this grant have closed.
For help or more information, contact Arts NT.
Last updated: 03 February 2022
Share this page:URL copied!