Apply for an emerging artists grant
The Emerging Artists grants offer support for emerging artists for arts development, presentation and promotion and skills development.
The Emerging Artists grants are part of the NT Arts Grants Program and support all of the following:
- profile NT arts and culture
- increase development or showcasing opportunities for NT emerging artists
- employ NT artists and arts workers.
What you can apply for
You can apply for up to $15,000 per applicant per grant round.
Examples of activities that may be funded are:
- professional development through residencies, short courses, mentorships
- publication, recording or printing
- research or development of new art work.
Who can apply
You can apply for this grant if you are an artist and meet the general NT Arts Grants Program requirements.
If you apply as a group, all members need to be an ‘emerging artist’. An emerging artist is an artist within their first five years of professional practice.
If your project is directly associated with a festival or arts organisation which receives $100,000 or more in funding per year, you should check with an Arts Broker if you are able to apply.
When you can apply
There are two funding rounds each year.
Round 2 opens 1 February 2019 and closes on 11 March 2019 for activities starting 1 July 2019.
Before you apply
Before applying you should read the complete NT Arts Grants Guidelines for detailed information on applying for NT arts grants.
Discuss your project with an arts broker.
To apply for an Emerging Artists grant you will need to submit:
- CVs or biographies for all key participants or links online
- relevant examples of recent work
- letters or emails of support
- participation forms for all key participants (other than applicant) or email confirming the commitment of key participants
- budget support material for expenses (using grant funds) over $1,000.
Last updated: 01 February 2019