Apply for an arts development grant
Arts development grants offer support to the research, develop or create new work, arts projects or community cultural development projects.
The grants are part of the Northern Territory Arts Grants Program and support all of the following:
- develop NT arts and culture
- increase development of new work by NT artists
- employ NT artists and arts workers.
What you can apply for
You can apply for up to $20,000 per applicant.
Examples of activities that may be funded are:
- research and/or development of theatre productions
- create a new dance work or create new works prior to exhibition
- songwriting and/or new musical material.
Who can apply
You can apply for this grant if you, your group or organisation meets the general NT Arts Grants Program requirements .
When to apply
There are two funding rounds each year.
Round two opens on 1 February 2019 and closes 11 March 2019 for activities starting 1 July 2019.
Before you apply
Before applying you should read the NT Arts Grants Program guidelines for detailed information on applying for NT arts grants.
Discuss your project and the grant guidelines with an arts broker.
To apply for a Community Arts Development grant you will need to submit:
- CVs or biographies for all key participants or links online
- relevant examples of recent work
- letters or emails of support
- participation forms for all key participants (other than applicant) confirming the commitment of key participants
- budget support material for expenses over $1,000
- demonstration of adherence to Aboriginal cultural protocols.
How to apply
To apply go to the online Grants Tracker website and create or log into your account.
For more information or assistance contact Arts NT.
Last updated: 22 March 2019